Water and oil repellents are specialty chemicals used in the textile industry to add a protective layer to fabrics, making them resistant to water, oil, and other liquids.
The functions of water and oil repellents in textiles include:
- Protecting fabrics from spills and stains: Water and oil repellents create a barrier on the surface of the fabric, preventing liquids from penetrating and staining the fibers.
- Improving durability: By protecting fabrics from spills and stains, water and oil repellents can help to extend the life of the fabric, making it more durable and resistant to wear and tear.
- Enhancing comfort and breathability: Water and oil repellents can also help to improve the comfort and breathability of fabrics, by allowing air and moisture to pass through the fabric while still providing protection from liquids.
- Improving cleaning and maintenance: Water and oil repellents can make fabrics easier to clean and maintain, by preventing dirt and stains from penetrating the fibers and making them easier to remove.
- Enhancing performance: Water and oil repellents can also be used to enhance the performance of fabrics in specific applications, such as outdoor and sports gear, by providing protection from water and other liquids.
Overall, water and oil repellents are important specialty chemicals in the textile industry, providing a range of benefits such as protecting fabrics from spills and stains, improving durability, enhancing comfort and breathability, improving cleaning and maintenance, and enhancing performance in specific applications. They are widely used in the manufacturing of a variety of fabrics, including outdoor and sports gear, workwear, and upholstery.
Fineotex is the biggest manufacturer of “water-repellents-and-soil-resisting-agent”