The Textile Chemical Industry is on an upsurge globally. It is expected to reach $ 27,560 million by 2022 from $ 21,770 million in 2015. The Asia Pacific region is the fastest-growing market in the textile chemical industry, accounting for half of the total textile chemical market size. (1)
Fineotex Chemical Limited (FCL) is a forerunner in the textile chemical industry. Founded in 1979 by Mr Surendra Tibrewala, Chairman and Managing Director, FCL is now a Public Listed Multinational Company recognized for its world-class textile chemicals. With over 450+ product categories, the essential products from Fineotex are focussed on the Pre-treatment, Dyeing, Printing and Finishing Process and Enzymes Production. As part of its diversification strategy, FCL has forayed into Textiles, Care and Hygiene, Drilling and other Specialities business segments. It has added Water-based and Oil-based Drilling Speciality Chemicals and Home Care and Hygiene Chemicals to its portfolio. Based on the strong R& D approach, it enjoys a synergistic business model with Biotex in manufacturing personalized and allied products and solutions across the textile value chain. The Mosquito Life Cycle Controller is an example of its innovative additions in the industry. It imparts remarkable features like Fluorocarbon emulsion for water and oil repellency.
Despite its diversified product range, FCL’s mainstay is the Textile Chemical range. Fineotex manufactures speciality textile chemicals for the entire value chain for the textile industry, including Pre-Treatment, Dyeing, Printing and Finishing Process. Its manufacturing units are located at Navi Mumbai and Selangor in Malaysia. The details of the textile chemicals product categories manufactured are:
- Weaving – Polymers and softeners are produced for the sizing process.
- Pre-Treatment – It is a series of cleaning operations, and FCL makes chemicals for cotton, polyester, nylon and denim fabrics. Enzymes, Wetting & Detergent, Sequestering Additives are made for the De-sizing, Scouring and Bleaching process.
- Dyeing – Dyeing adds colour to textile products like fibres, yarns & fabrics. FCL makes Dyes, Acids, Alkali Levelling, Detergent for the Dyeing, Washing and Fixing process.
- Printing – Textile printing applies colour to fabric in definite patterns or designs. Textile chemicals such as Dyes, Binder Thickener, Fixer Detergent, Loop accelerator are made for the Rotary Printing, Table Printing process.
- Finishing – Softeners, Silicones, Polymers, Resins are textile chemical products for the Exhaust Padding process.
FCL has to its credit the production of an average of 43,000 tons of textile chemicals it supplies to over 60 countries globally. With a galaxy of Global certifications as ISO 22000, Finox Sil Premium, SA 8000 and many others in its fold, FCL moves forward with quality in its contribution to the textile chemical domain. Some prestigious clients of FCL are JCT Limited, Welspun India Home Textiles, Only Vimal, Raymond, Nahr Group of Companies and others. Along with Biotex, FCL manufactures the ‘The Bioguard Series’ of products from Biotex with water and oil repellent features in great demand post-outbreak of COVID-19. These successfully offer tailor-made offers to the textile value chain in the global market.
With the company share index performing well in the market, FCL has invested, expanded and diversified during the pandemic. Due to its excellence in contribution to the textile chemical industry, FCL has been awarded the Financial Times High Growth Companies Asia- Pacific 2020 Award, The Economics Times India’s Growth Champions 2020 Award, and numerous other prestigious ones.
FCL has come a long way to create clean chemistries with a vision to develop new economic and environmentally friendly products. The organization is reimagining the future of chemical space and moving towards greener formulations.